How we process your personal data stored by Meduza
In certain cases, Meduza (or, to be more precise, the Latvian company Medusa Project SIA, or “we”) collects personal data from its readers and processes it. In this document, we describe what we process and how we do it. We apply these principles provided that the readers agree to use Meduza services.
Terms used in this document
Reader refers to any individual using any services rendered by Meduza.
Reader data refers to any information concerning the reader known to Meduza.
Personal data refers to any reader-related information.
Processing refers to the collection, storage, change, provision of access to, and transfer of reader personal data.
Meduza refers to any public service of Medusa Project SIA available at meduza.io, amp.meduza.io, special.meduza.io.
Our basic principles
We ensure the confidentiality of personal data and apply all necessary organizational and technical measures to protect personal data. In certain cases, Meduza engages its partners in personal data processing, and transfers this data to them. In these cases, we make sure that adequate security measures are taken. It means that we do not transfer any data to partners whose data storage principles seem doubtful to us, or if we know that these principles substantially differ from those provided for in this document.
Categorization of personal data processed by us
We may store personal data of two types:
- Identification data, including first name, last name, and IP-address.
- Contact data, including user email.
Why we do this
We process personal data due to several reasons:
- For the readers to be able to chat using our platform (if they wish to).
- To ensure the operation of services (for instance, to show relevant ads).
- For us to be able to collect statistics. We need it for two purposes: to see if our services are available to readers, and to understand how readers use our services, making them more convenient based on our observations.
We only use the data collected from you (first and last name in chats, email address for newsletters), subject to your consent to the principles of processing this data.
Those who can get access to personal data
As already mentioned above, sometimes we transfer personal data to our partners, while taking adequate measures to ensure their security. For instance, we transfer data to mailing services, or analytics systems. We may also provide data at the request of the Latvian Republic law enforcement authorities (although we cannot imagine why they might need it).
Where and how personal data is processed
Personal data is processed in the European Union and/or European Economic Area (EU/EEA), but in certain cases may be transferred to states outside the EU/EEA and processed there. Transfer of data beyond the borders of the EU/EEA may only occur on legal grounds, and subject to ensuring an adequate data protection level.
Storage periods for various data may differ.
- Personal data allowing us to analyze service availability is stored for three months.
- Personal data required to enable chat operation is stored until you choose to cease using chats. If you wish us to delete this data, please write us an email, and we will delete your profile.
Personal data stored by us is not used to personalize anything anywhere (in the language of law, it means that we do not take any automated decisions, and do not create any profiles based on this data).
What readers are entitled to
- Firstly, readers have an opportunity to amend their personal data if it is incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Secondly, readers have the right to request the deletion of their personal data.
- Thirdly, if a reader thinks their rights and interests were breached, they may file a claim. We will do everything possible to remedy the situation. For this purpose, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fourthly, if readers think that their rights and interests were breached, they are entitled to file a claim concerning the use of personal data to the State Data Protection Inspection.
P.S. This document may be subject to change!
We have the right to change the above principles at any time on a unilateral basis. We are not going to do this secretly — instead, we will warn our readers about it at least a month before any changes enter into force, right here on this page.
Этот документ также доступен по-русски.